Sun, Oct 22|
Sri Sri Durgā Pūjā (Navami)
Special ritual worship of Mother Goddess Durgā on Mahānavami, the 9th day of Devī Navaratri.
Time & Location
Oct 22, 2023, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Laguna Beach, 20371 Sun Valley Dr, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, USA
About the event
The temple and our neighborhood have very limited parking. Please arrange to be dropped off/picked up if possible.
We will also broadcast the puja live on the ashram's Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/KaliMandirRamakrishnaAshrama
- Please do not visit if you have any symptoms of Covid-19, Flu, Cold, or other contagious illnesses.
- Out of consideration for our neighbors and respect for the ashram residents, please strictly observe our visiting hours and do not loiter, make noise in our parking area, or wander though the neighborhood.
- Please bathe before visiting the mandir and wear clean clothes.
- Please do not wear shorts, short skirts or tank-tops (exception: small children can wear shorts).
- Do not wear leather in the mandir.
- Shoes are not allowed past the gate of Mother’s courtyard.
- Do not bring meat, fish, eggs, alcohol, ganja or illegal drugs onto the property, or come while intoxicated.
- Please turn off or silence your cell phone. If you need to make a call, please do so outside.
- Do not pick tulsi leaves or flowers from the ashram gardens.
- Do not point your feet towards deities or sit with your back to the altar.
- All are welcome to bring offering for Ma such as flowers, fruit, sweets, ghee, sesame oil, perfume, incense and new jewelry or new saris. All offerings must not contain any meat, eggs, gelatin, onion or garlic. Please read ingredients very carefully. In donating milk, please note that we only use organic whole milk.
- As we are in a high fire-danger area, lighting candles, oil lamps, campho or incense is strictly forbidden.
- All are welcome to bathe the beautiful Shiva Lingam installed in our garden with water only. Do not pour milk or any other substances besides water on the Shiva Lingam.